I Met a Man; or Hell in a Handcart

6/16/2011 10:31:00 am BenefitScroungingScum 3 Comments

Inspired by "I met a man" blogger FlipChartFairyTales has written this fabulous poem

I met a man who met a man who met a man who said,
“My work-shy next-door neighbour is a-swinging of the lead,
He says that he’s disabled but I know that limp’s a fake,
He’s not really sick, he’s just a shirker on the take.”

...read the full poem here and share any additional verses you feel inspired to give, or perhaps someone would like to set it to music?

Update: Doug Shaw has done this great country version of "I met a man"

3 comments:

Doug Shaw said...

Helloooooo

That's really kind of you to pop a link to the video on your site. I had great fun mangling the wonderful poem into a tune - it went on a bit as I wanted to include everyone. Good fun eh?

Cheers - Doug

Stonehead said...

Excellent.

Wheelie said...

My granma' knows that riff! Soz, we are of that age. Chuckle!

Absol-lutly excellent. My Bear and I loved that. xx